Monday, February 13, 2012

little thank yous


Dear iPhoto,
Thanks for allowing me to come across old photos I'd forgotten I'd taken, like this picture of a Scrabble game I played with Ross. Looks like we were really rocking the w's: Tweed. Trawl. Wink. Cowl.

Dear Mom and Dad,
Thanks for spelling my name so weird. Even though people misspell it all the time, it comes in handy when I want a simple email (haylie@gwetc., for instance).

Dear Deweys,
I know it was a while ago now, but I had a really good time with all of you at Christmas. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the family.

Dear Illuminated Manuscripts class,
Thanks for making The Secret of Kells even more interesting and awesome than it was before (among other things). For instance, I totally know what the Chi-Rho page is now.

Dear gossip,
If indulging in you is wrong, I don't want to be right. Thanks.

Dear Lorin and Asenath,
Thanks for the angry birds catnip pig you brought Creature the other night. She cuddled up with it today and it was killer adorable.

Dear Teecino,
Thank you for existing (and intertextual thanks to Charlotte for introducing me to you). I don't know what I'd do without my daily dose of fake coffee.

Dear self, 
Thanks for forgetting the iPod today. It really made me realize how addicted to it I am, and how much better... 

Dear iPod,
Thanks for always being there for me, loaded up with "This American Life" and "Fresh Air." I'm sorry I left you behind. I miss you.

Love,

Haylie

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I'm so thrilled you love Teecino as much as I do. Most people I tell about it just give me a strange look and a "gross".

    Also, thanks for introducing me to Laurel, MD. I'm always interested to here about where people live.

    I'm bummed I missed you and Ross when I was in Philadelphia. Next time I'm out there I'll definitely ensure I get some playtime with you two.

    ReplyDelete