Wednesday, July 25, 2012

senor macho solo

Author's note: I'm way too lazy to do this, but I bet if I took the time to check, I'd discover that 30 Rock gets referenced more often than any other popular culture item on this blog. Today's title, which should read Señor Macho Solo, refers to the title of an episode and also, more importantly, to the fact that this weekend *I* am Señor(ita) Macho Solo. 

Much like the title of this post, this photo is apropos of nothing except that I like it.

For the first time in very close to two years, I am alone in the apartment. At night. While I have occasionally traveled for conferences, since we've moved to DC Ross hasn't taken a trip without me. This weekend, though, he's in Chicago visiting his parents and grandparents. I can't get off work, since I work with kids and there's nobody to substitute for me, so I am here by myself. It's funny... much as I love Ross' company, I also tend to really love time by myself, so I was really looking forward to this weekend. But now that he's actually gone and it's gotten dark, it feels totally weird. It's been such a long time since I've been here alone for longer than a work day that I've forgotten how quiet the house is without him. I sure like that guy.

Fortunately I have a few things to keep me occupied, including a mile-long list of things to do, a stack of books I've been needing to read, about 500 French flash cards, and a Creature, who I think will be foregoing her usual sleeping-in-the-bathroom routine tonight to cuddle with me instead.

1 comment:

  1. So I was googling the Portland Oregon Temple and came across a picture of Ross and you. Crazy/cool.

    ReplyDelete